The Yacht, built in 1948 Sangermani Yard is a Yawl. The boat was commissioned in 1947 by Comm Pratolongo Mario, a true sportsman of the sea, and launched in July 1948 with the name of Fiammetta II. So it was called the daughter of the owner. That year the journal "Sail and Power" wrote: - … was born an "Ocean Racer" classy ...-For fifteen years the boat stayed in Sicily but in 1965 came back to the Sailing Club "Italy" in Naples and in 1968 in Rome. Around 1971 it was bought by an executive of Banco di Napoli and returned to the capital of Campania to be sold again in 1975 to George Peruffo. Then it was transferred to the next owner with an unusual way: the exchange with a light aircraft. Rondine II was re-checked and rearranged in the yard of Santa Margherita di Caorle. Finally, in 1983, the boat found the friendly waters of the Ligurian coast. Shipyards in Sangermani could once again meet his friend Mariano Topaz, shipwright that many years ago had "wrapped" in larch and instantly recognized it with deep emotion the old hull former Fiammetta.
- The Owner Cabin has 1 double bed and 1 single bed (the single bed can accommodate 1 more guest or 2 big suitcases)
- n. 10 drawers and n. 4 cabinets for your clothes
- n. 1 big hatch with blinds that can be opened
- 220V socket, Heater (only in winter), hairdryer.
- The Guest area, just near the entrance, has 1 double bed (small size) and 1 single bed (the single bed can accommodate 1 more guest or 2 big suitcases)
- n. 2 drawers and n. 4 cabinets for your clothes
- n. 1 big hatch with blinds
- 220V socket, Heater
- marble worktop and ceramic sink with hot / cold water.
- Removable hot shower
- Bilge pump automatic for shower water.
- n.1 WC (electric)
- N. 1 220V socket
- N. 6 small drawers
KITCHEN AND DINETTE
- kitchen worktop in granite and stainless steel sink
- Cold/hot water
- Refrigerator with freezer area.
- Kitchen 3 burner stove and oven Gas (usable only by hostess)
- electric coffee maker
- Plates, glasses and crockery for 8 people
- Spaces for stowing groceries and water
- Electric vacuum WC cleaner
- n. 1 big hatch with blinds
- Table for 6 people
- Stereo with AUX connection for external I-POD
- 220V socket
- Heating (when needed)
NAVIGATION AREA (for skipper only)
- Chart table with all the navigation tools
- (radar, plotter, GPS, VHF, wind instruments, barograph, Autopilot, ...)
- N. 1 outlet 220V
- N. 1 lighter socket 12 V
- Navigation charts and coast pilots
BOAT EXTERNAL AREA
- Teak and mahogany deck
- N. 1 removable aft table for 4 people
- N. 1 removable bow table for 8 people
- N. 2 outdoor showers (one hot –aft- and one cold –bow-)
- N. 6 seats in the aft cockpit
- Outdoor pillows
- N. 3 awnings for external use
- External lights
- Wooden walkway
- Inflatable tender for 8 people with 5 HP outboard motor (for skipper use only)
The boat has a generous sail area in relation to the very fine lines of the hull and a very small wetted surface.The mast(23meters) allows a main sail of 60 square meters, while the surface of the canvas to the wind (Yankee foresail mainsail, and mizzen) reaches 200 square meters.
The boat responds well on all points of sail, especially upwind from large to loose, when it offers exciting moments that repay the effort. Rondine II is now very popular in gatherings of Vintage Boats.